Friday, January 7, 2011

Banana Puree Instructions


 Believe it or not a Banana Puree actually starts out using bananas!  I know it's a no brainer but these are the Instructions so I have to say "Start with Bananas" somewhere.  :)  So you Start with 3 small bananas (this will make Approx. 1 cup of Puree) and I simply broke them up with my fingers and placed them into a bowl. 



Next you take a Fork and Mash the Banana down until it looks like the Picture Above. 
Yep, Mashed Bananas look like that  :)



Then you place your Mashed Bananas into your Food Processor (Love this thing) and turn it on for about two minutes.  I actually add a tiny amount of water about 1 tsp - 1 tbsp after it has run for a couple of seconds.  This helps it to really become liquid.


I pour it into a Measuring Cup, use it my recipe and store any leftovers in the Freezer labeled Banana Puree and I also include the Date.  This makes it easy to pull out and thaw for a later recipe.  Do not get scared if your bananas get a little darker while sitting in the measuring cup waiting to go into the recipe.  This is natural :)

No comments:

Post a Comment