- Non Stick Cooking Spray ( I just used Cupcake Liners so this wasn't necessary)
- 1 Cup Firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter ( I actually used J.I.F. Creamy because that is what I had on hand so Nutrition Facts below will reflect this change)
- 1/2 Cup Cauliflower Puree or Carrot Puree (I used Cauliflower which protects against Cancer, and Strengthens your Immune System. Perfect for Flu Season)
- 1 Large Egg White (Instead of using a whole egg, this cuts out 4g of fat)
- 1 Cup Whole-Wheat Flour (I use King Arthur Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour - All Natural)
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (I use Pure Ocean Sea Salt Ground Fine not Coarse)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the brown sugar with the peanut butter, the vegetable and banana purees, and the egg white, using a wooden spoon.
3. Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (or Sea Salt) in a bowl or zipper-lock bag and stir or shake to mix. Add to the bowl with the peanut butter mixture and stir just to combine (the batter will be a little lumpy-do not over mix). Add the remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar and stir once or twice.
4. Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake until the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in to the center, 15 to 20 minutes. (they took me about 22 minutes)Turn the muffins out onto a rack to cool.
5. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or wrap individually and freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts using all of the Specific Ingredients I used listed above.
- Total Fat: 5.6g
- Carbs: 28.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.21g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Sodium: 151.25
- Calories: 175
- Potassium: 49mg