Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Banana Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Snacks - Kid Friendly


This kid friendly recipe is so easy my daughter helped to make it and enjoyed eating it even a little more :)  With only 3 ingredients it is quick and nutritious as well.

You start with one banana, I cut it into half, one for me and one for Emma, then spread peanut butter onto one end. 


Next comes the Kid Friendly part!  I let my daughter scoop up mini semi sweet chocolate chips (I am partial to Hershey's growing up 30 minutes away it's hard not to be)  and then she sprinkles them all over both of our bananas.


She sprinkles some more :)  And then some more :) Until I tell her o.k. o.k. that's enough.  If it were up to her she would dump the whole bag on top!



She did a great job!  And look at that smile for some reason a smile and chocolate are almost guaranteed :)



Now for the fun part, actually eating it.  As you can see they are very finger friendly and not hard for little hands to pick up at all.  I asked her if she would like to make this again sometime and of course her answer was Yes!!  I hope you enjoy making this recipe with your kids, are there any variations you have tried with this recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment