Saturday, January 1, 2011

Summer Squash Puree Recipe


I first learned about purees while reading "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld.  I was looking for a way to add more nutrients to my kids diet without them always knowing it.  My kids will eat pretty well however my son will not eat meat.  He is 6 years old and has even come out of his mouth with "I am a Vegetarian."  I'm o.k. with that.  I like vegetables alot and would love to support him in whatever path he chooses for food.  However, I do know there are some nutrients he is missing with his insisting on Peanut Butter and Jelly for lunch everyday.  With an occasional salad here and there.  So I decided to look into alternatives.  I found this book on the web, and well, lets just say it was perfect for what I needed :)



I had a bamboo steamer on hand, thanks to my husband and his new found addiction to Korean Food.  So I set up the Bamboo Steamer and sliced the Summer Squash.  Put a plate inside and in about 6-8 minutes the squash was fully cooked!  Yes it was that easy.  Added it to the food processor with a little water and in about 2 minutes you have your puree.  Label, date, and freeze for later use or use right away.

Check out the Health Benefits and Nutrition Facts on Summer Squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment