Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pineapple, Cilantro, Jalapeno Juice Recipe


Today was a great Day for me :)  I started juicing a couple years back but started a Juice Fast December 30th 2011 after watching Fat, Sick, Nearly and Dead the DVD.  It was so inspiring to see Joe Cross turn his health around and lose all that weight.  When I first started I weighed 189 lbs (almost 190).  I did the juice fast for about 12 days and saw great progress.  Had some ups and down moments which I talk about in earlier posts.  Then in mid January we were heading to Orlando, FL on vacation and I was really sick with what I thought was a cold.  Well after reading this awesome Blog Post about The Different Juice Fasting Stages of Detoxification it helped me to see that it was totally normal.  

I didn't think I would be able to juice on vacation so I put my detox on hold for another time.  I blogged about Healthy Restaurant Choices while on Vacation here, wanting to stick to a diet of mostly fruits and vegetables to keep on track with maintaining my weight.  So when we came back from vacation I kept juicing at least once a day and today woke up and stepped on the scale and smiled :)  I weighed in at 176.4 lbs!!  So happy about that.  Now that I brought you up to date with what has been going on I have a fun Recipe to share.

 I have been wanting to juice a jalapeno since I started juicing but wasn't sure just what to put in it to pull it all together.  I think I may have found it.  This Healthy Pineapple Juice Recipe is really good and for those of you who might be scared by the jalepeno, I only put half with the seeds into the Juicer and I couldn't pick up any spice but my husband commented on the smokey flavor of the jalapeno in the juice.  Next time I will add more to see if I can get that extra kick in there :)


Pineapple Cilantro Jalapeno Juice Recipe:

  •  1/2 Pineapple
  • 1 Cup Cilantro
  • 1 Cucumber
  • 1/2 Lime
  • 1/2 Jalapeno w/seeds

Add everything to your juicer.  I juiced the Pineapple first, then loaded the cilantro and then the cucumber.  Pushed those down half way and added thejalapeno and the lime (skin removed)

Check out Affordable Juicers here!

Linking Up At: Tip Junkie handmade projects

5 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! Would love for you to link up to the Tuesday To Do Party if you haven't already! http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/tuesday-to-do-party-50-and-49-list.html
    Smiles~
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thia juice was amazing! I plan on sharing it with as many people as I can. Also, let people know you can juice the core of a pineapple too! Thanks again for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete