Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Sleep Doctor's Sleep Slim Smoothie - Dr. Oz Recipe


When I first saw this recipe pinned on Pinterest I was thinking, "Tart Cherry Juice??  Where in the world do I find that?"  So I set out that afternoon to find some Tart Cherry Juice.  I checked out my local Fresh Market which is kind of like a Whole Foods and as my husband was looking in the juice aisle for Apple Cider, I found the Organic Tart Cherry Juice at the top of the shelf near Aloe Juice and some other juicees that made me even more curious about them :) 

I grabbed some Silk Soy Milk and headed home to make my Sleep Doctor's Sleep Slim Smoothie.

The Sleep Slim Smoothie Recipe is really easy to make, all you need is:

Ingredients
1 cup tart cherry juice
1/2 banana
1/2 cup soy milk or 4-6 oz soy yogurt (if using soy yogurt, add an additional 1/2 cup fat-free milk)
5 ice cubes
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions
Combine the cherry juice, banana, milk or yogurt with fat-free milk, ice and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth.

This is the actual Recipe Via Doctor Oz

I really liked this Smoothie and my kids Loved The Tart Cherry Juice and Soy Milk Blended together with Ice.  Find out more Benefits of Tart Cherry Juice here.

While doing a little more research I found this on Livestrong.com

"Extra Cancer Protection

Carcinogens, harmful substances in air, water and foods, may damage the body's cells, triggering changes that may lead to cancer. Tart cherry juice offers more than anthocyanins. It is loaded with three disease-fighting chemicals that may be beneficial for halting cell transformation (that often leads to cancer). These powerful chemicals include perillyl alcohol, limonene and ellagic acid. Citrus peel offers limonene and berries offer ellagic acid but only cherries offer all three chemicals. They are particularly protective against cancers of the breast, lung, liver and skin."


Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/24160-health-benefits-tart-cherry-juice/#ixzz1mT2hsnPB

No comments:

Post a Comment