Thursday, February 16, 2012

Healthy School Snacks for Kids - Fruit Kebabs Recipe


You will need:

  • 1 Bag Green Grapes (seedless)
  • 1 pack of Blueberries
  • 1 pack of Strawberries
  • 3 Oranges
  • 1 pack Coffee Straws
My youngest daughter, Emma who is 4, was in charge of Snack all week at Preschool.  Instead of the normal snack choices of Animal crackers and a huge jug of Red Fruit Punch that most Mom's would send in, I chose to do Fruit Kebabs. 

Most Mom's would choose something other than fresh fruit because it's expensive and their child is picky, right??  Well I wanted to prove that Healthy snacks could entice kids, even the picky eaters to try them.  These fruit kebabs didn't even use a whole bag of grapes or even a whole container of strawberries or blueberries and took about three oranges to make them.  Plus these Fruit Kebabs were a huge hit!  All the kids loved them and they turned out so bright and colorful. 

I started with Coffee straws that I bought at our local grocery store.  Added a grape, a blueberry, a strawberry, an orange, then a strawberry again, a blueberry, and finished it off with a grape.  My Preschooler even helped.  She thought the pattern was so fun and kept asking...now a strawberry Mom....and now a blueberry...it was cute and alot of fun doing it together.  I only needed 30 (2 for each child) so the leftovers I packed in my older two children's lunch boxes.  They were a hit for all.

This idea was inspired by Pinterest, check out my Board full of other Healthy Kid Snacks and start following today :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog provides many informative and helpful articles. Thanks for sharing the information. Looking for more updates in future.
    Online Weight Loss Programs in India

    ReplyDelete