Saturday, February 18, 2012

Recipe - Juicing Carrots & Parsley



This morning, I was cleaning out the produce bin in my fridge before my next trip to Fresh Market to restock.  I had Carrots, a Cucumber, an apple, an orange, and some parsley left over.  So that was the inspiration for this juice.  I wish I would have had some Ginger since it was a breakfast juice and that is when I need the most pick me up in an energizing juice.  But for today Carrots and Parsley were the main ingredient.  Most people look at Parsley as just a garnish but there is much more to it. 


Carrot & Parsley Juice

  •  5 Long & Skinny Carrots
  • 1 Orange
  • 1 Cup Parsley
  • 1 Apple
  • 1 Cucumber

Push all ingredients through your juicer, add a straw, and enjoy :) 





Health Benefits of Parlsey Juice: via GreenMuze

Parsley juice is great for the blood vessels.  However raw parsley juice is most potent and shouldn't be taken alone in quantities of more than 1 or 2oz. at a time unless you are mixing it into a sufficient amount of carrot or other juices.

Parsley Juice can help with:
  • Expelling watery poisons
  • Excess mucus
  • Flatulence (gas)
  • Reducing swollen or enlarged glands.

No comments:

Post a Comment