Thursday, January 5, 2012

Juice Fast - Day 7: Energizing Juice Recipe with Nutrition Facts


Day 7!!!! Whoo hoo, I have made it a whole week!! My skin is looking great and I am looking slimmer. Or as my husband would say sexier ;) I have energy and really only felt like taking a nap once this whole week which was yesterday. That is huge for me because normally I am tired and would Love a nap everyday even though it's not possible. I am going to be eating some fruits and veggies this next week with mostly juicing. This week wasn't easy though so hopefully next will be a liitle easier.

I am going to post one of my favorite Energizing Juice Recipes.  I found this one to be great for Energy and it has Protein in it.  When I started posting on Facebook about my juicing on my personal page people were very quick to express their concern that I am not eating a sensible diet, and I needed proper amounts of carbs and protein to stay healthy.  I found that you can get all of that and more from a diet rich in fruits and veggies, or even fruit and vegetable juice.  Some days I would have around 50g of protein in my juice diet for the day.  I would say that is a good amount.  

I found out my Caloric Intake for my age, height, and current weight by going to Loseit.com which is really a great way to keep track of your exercise and eating while trying to lose weight.  There is an app on my phone which allows me to scan the barcode on the package of foods I am going to eat which is nice, although juicing has been a little more time consuming the first time adding my fruits and veggies, but once they are in there it saves the information making it quick to add to your day the next day. 

As far as my weight loss goes, I gained .6 lbs from my 181.2 weight yesterday.  Not mad though because I took my first Zumba class yesterday....YAY!!  Zumba is so much fun and a great way to burn calories.  Don't worry I am sooo uncoordinated and still had a ton of fun, so if you are thinking the same way I frist was you will be fine! 

Now for the Energizing Juice Recipe to get you ready for that Zumba Class ;)


Energizing Juice Recipe

  • 2 Organic Gala Apples
  • 1/2 Cucumber w/ skin
  • 1/2 Lemon Peeled
  • 1/2 Cup Kale
  • 1 Cup Spinach
  • 3 Celery Stalks
  • 1/4 Bulb of Fennel
  • 1" of Ginger
Total Calories = 242 
Total Protein = 6.61g 
Total Fat = 1.64g 
Total Carbs = 65.71 
Total Dietary Fiber = 14.1g

Don't forget to "Like" me on Facebook!!

Check Out Affordable Juicers Here!

6 comments:

  1. I just ran across your blog and POWER TO YOU LADY!! I'm an ADHDer too, and wasn't diagnosed until a couple of years ago. It's been a beautiful ride, but there has been struggles along the way. I know how you feel, and it's always refreshing to read someone else who "gets it". I'm definitely becoming a faithful reader, and I hope you all the success and luck in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sydney!! Read this comment awhile ago and just realized I never commented back :) Life is certainly an adventure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you get enough protein when juicing over a long period ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tnx fore information


    you want to loss weight fast read more information here


    and for more information about juicer recipes weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  5. This above post is all about weight loss...I really liked it...Good tips are furnished...Juicing Cleanse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally, consider if you can add more parts to the base juicer to raise its functionality.cold press juicer online in India

    ReplyDelete